Work Permits During COVID-19
Work Permits During COVID-19
Posted on 03/30/2020
Work Permits During COVID-19

With our high schools closed during the COVID-19 health crisis, the Department of Workforce Development (DWD) has provided the following guidance. The DWD is currently allowing minors to work without a permit. Their guidance to families is as follows:

1. The student/parent needs to collect: the student's birth certificate, Social Security card, and written consent from their parent. 
2. The student/parent needs to present those documents to the employer.
3. The employer drafts an intent to hire/ job offer letter.
4. The employer should call DWD and they will process all of this information/documentation over the phone with the employer and grant permission for the student to work without a permit, if applicable (they still cannot work in hazardous environments, etc.). 

If parents have any questions, the DWD can be reached at (608) 266-6860.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.